As well as anecdotal evidence of people aged 50+ doing amazing things, there is also statistical evidence to support the fact that those of us ‘of a certain age’ aren’t ready to put our feet up and take it easy.
If you live in the UK, you will know (even if you don’t watch it) that Debbie McGee is currently SMASHING IT on Strictly Come Dancing.
Also, last week, I caught the ‘Top Tenuous’ on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2 which was about stuff people are doing aged 58 or over. They included a lot of sporty stuff, though not all:
- Tracey about to complete a duathlon
- Debbie who has taken up open-water skiing
- Zyla’s mum who has started a law degree
- Mandy’s husband who completed the London Marathon with his daughters
- Heather and Nancy who are cycling from Land’s End to John O’Groats
- Alex who completed the Coast-to-Coast cycle trip, has parachuted and has done white-water rafting
As part of my ‘day job’ I am an advisor for the Cumbria Chamber of Commerce Business Start-Up Programme and I see lots of people aged 50+ who want to, and do, start their own businesses.
Now Barclays Bank has reported an amazing trend in England and Wales over the last decade:
- The number of businesses run by the over-55s has increased by 63%
- The fastest-growing age group of business owners is the over-65s, an increase of 140%
The business sectors with the highest growth of business owners aged 55+ (from 2006 to 2016) are:
- Real estate
- Arts, recreation and culture
Barclays have even brought in Liz Earle, MBE to help them better support the needs of the more mature entrepreneur market.
The on-line course Not Too Late at 58 – Is NOW the right time for YOU? doesn’t have to be about massive sporting achievements, or writing novels, or starting your own business, although it could well be.
It’s about you NOT having that big regret later
It’s about you thinking through whether NOW is the time for you to make it happen for YOU. While there is still time.
BTW for a FREE SAMPLE from the course Not Too Late at 58 – Is NOW the right time for YOU? please CLICK HERE
No obligation – just give it (an me) a try!
See you there.